AmpPRO simplifies the installation of upgraded amplifiers in data-bus controlled amplified sound systems. With AmpPRO, you can improve audio performance while keeping an original radio’s fit, finish and features.
Compatibility Note: This product is compatible with data-bus controlled amplified systems only. To identify these systems, look for logos on door speakers, tweeters, dash speakers or the subwoofer to confirm if the vehicle has a compatible amplified system: Alpine, Beats or Harman Kardon. Vehicle manufacturers do not always brand compatible systems. Unbranded amplified systems are generally identified by locating a center channel speaker or subwoofer.
- Simplifies amplifier installation
- Prevents need for summing and DSP devices
- Provides factory sound system upgrade solution
- Can be used to upgrade the entire sound system or just part of it thanks to retention of the original amplifier
- Enables the addition of a subwoofer system to the original sound system
- Variable volume, fade, balance, bass, mid and treble audio settings
- Front, rear, sub preamp outputs (5 volt RMS)
- Provides flat audio output for a solid audio foundation
- Customized OE bass, mid and treble center frequency selection
- Retains uConnect, Bluetooth audio and all warning chimes
- Plug & play installation
- Sub level controller
- Optional TOSLINK optical output (APA-TOS1 sold separately)
22-pin harness (MS CAN)
Also available for fast easy install: APH-CH01 harness (sold separately)
How it works:
|Year(s)||Make||Model||Trim Level||Additional Info|
|2008-2016||CHRYSLER||TOWN & COUNTRY||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
|2008-2014||DODGE||CHALLENGER||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
|2008-2010||DODGE||CHARGER||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
|2009, 2011-2013||DODGE||DURANGO||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
|2008-2018||DODGE||GRAND CARAVAN||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
|2009-2012||DODGE||RAM TRUCK||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
|2008-2013||JEEP||GRAND CHEROKEE||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
|2007-2017||JEEP||WRANGLER||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
|2007-2017||JEEP||WRANGLER UNLIMITED||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
|2010-2012||RAM||RAM TRUCK||ALL TRIM LEVELS||—|
- Download the latest version of the AmpPRO PC Application. It is VERY important that you use the latest version.
- Download the latest version of our firmware.
- Extract the firmware file and setup file from the .ZIP files that were just downloaded.
- Connect the interface to the computer's USB port and install the update.
- If this is the first time using the AmpPRO PC Application, run and install “amppro_setup.exe”. This will install the PC Application onto the computer. The AmpPRO program will then install the update files from the computer to the interface.
- Open the AmpPRO PC Application using the new shortcut created on your desktop.
- Connect the interface to the computer using a standard to micro USB cable.
- Click the "Firmware" icon.
- Click “Select File” and browse to the new firmware file. The new firmware can be found where you saved it before beginning.
- Once the file is chosen the update will begin. When successful it will show the text "Update Completed".
Firmware Download, Version V12 (Released on August 11th, 2017)Release Notes
- Adds “Two Channel Mode” on Dip1
- Reduces audio delay from ~14ms to ~1ms
- Fixes missing Bluetooth audio when radio is turned off
- Adds “Two Channel Mode” on Dip1
Firmware Download, Version V9 (Released on January 27th, 2017)Release Notes
- Initial Release
Utility/Other, Version V12 (Released on July 31st, 2018)Release NotesAmpPRO PC Application